Print this new $1/1 Arrowhead Mills coupon and snag a bag of Organic Flax Seeds for only $2.19. Plus, check out five benefits to consuming Flax Seeds below!
5 benefits to consuming flax seeds:
- Weight Loss: A study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that flax seeds and walnuts may improve obesity and support weight loss.
- High in fiber, but low in carbs: One of the coolest benefits of flax seeds is that they contain high levels of mucilage gum content. Mucilage is a gel-forming fiber that is water soluble and has incredible benefits on the intestinal tract. The mucilage can keep food in the stomach from emptying too quickly into the small intestine which can increase nutrient absorption. Also, flax is extremely high in both soluble and insoluble fiber which can support colon detoxification, fat loss and reduce sugar cravings.
- Healthy skin and hair: If you want healthier skin, hair and nails then consider adding 2 tbsp of flax seeds to your smoothie or 1 tbsp of flax seed oil to your daily routine. The fats in flax seeds benefits the skin and hair by providing essential fats as well as b-vitamins which can help reduce dryness and flakiness.
- Digestive Health: Maybe the biggest flax seed benefits come from it’s ability to promote digestive health. The ALA in flax can help protect the lining of the digestive tract and maintain GI health. It has been shown to be beneficial for people suffering from Crohn’s disease or other digestive ailments, as it can help reduce gut inflammation.
- Lower Cholesterol: The journal of Nutrition and Metabolism found that adding flax seeds into your diet can naturally reduce cholesterol levels.The soluble fiber content of flax seeds trap fat and cholesterol in the digestive system so that it unable to be absorbed. Soluble fiber also traps bile, which is made from cholesterol in the gallbladder. The bile is then excreted through the digestive system, forcing the body to make more, using up excess cholesterol in the blood and lowering cholesterol overall.