Smith’s Case Lot Recipes
I think one of the keys to cooking good homemade meals and eating out less, is having a well-stocked pantry and an arsenal of delicious and easy recipes that use things you always have in your cupboards and refrigerator.
I am a big believer in case lot sales. They make it easy for me to stock up on the things I use most, at a great price. If you follow us, you know that Smith’s is starting a big case lot sale today with tons of basics at great prices, so I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite recipes that use some of the most popular case lot items.
1. Potato Corn Chowder – This Potato Corn Chowder is one of my go-to soups during the fall and winter. I have also taken it to neighbors when they are sick and it aways gets great reviews! Don’t forget to stock up on Kroger evaporated milk and Libby creamed corn this week at the case lot sale. The other two main ingredients, bacon and hashbrowns can be easily stored for several months in your freezer.
2. Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole – I first had this breakfast casserole at my in laws house and it has become a family favorite. It is perfect for the upcoming holidays because you can make it the night before but it’s also ideal for company or busy weekday mornings. To make this recipe, be sure to pick up the 5 dozen medium Oakdell eggs at the case lot sale for just 3.99! Such a deal. I also highly recommend the 5 lb Tillamook cheddar cheese (I usually split it up into smaller bags and freeze it). I also used Kroger evaporated milk in this recipe too.
3. Easy Peach Cobbler – This 5 ingredient Peach Cobbler only takes a few minutes to prepare. The main ingredients are canned peaches and a yellow cake mix, both are part of the Smith’s case lot sale. Kroger canned peaches are just .99 a can when you buy a case and Pillsbury cake mixes are 1.00, when you buy a case of 12. Don’t forget to pick up some vanilla ice cream, it’s a must with warm cobbler!
4. Slow Cooker Italian Chicken – I love to come home to the smell of this cooking in the slow cooker almost as much as I love coming home and knowing that I can have dinner on the table in 5 minutes. The delicious dish is made with frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Italian seasoning and 3 of my favorite items from the case lot sale: Pasta sauce, canned tomatoes, and tomato sauce – these are so versatile, I always keep these on hand. Don’t forget the Bottan rice, 20 lbs for 11.99.
5. M&M Peanut Butter Bites – These filling little bites are a yummy mid afternoon snack that kids and adults will both love and you don’t even have to turn on the oven to enjoy these little morsels! Be sure to look for my FAVORITE, Kroger brand peanut butter, at the case lot sale. You will be so glad you did. (Also, be on the look out for honey at the case lot sale. I didn’t see it on the list, but I spied it with the case lot items at Smith’s today.)
6. Pantry Salsa – Just seeing this picture makes my mouth water. This salsa is to die for! The best part is that most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry. Grab some Kroger canned tomatoes for just $11.76 for a case of 24 and give this salsa a try!
7. Pumpkin Cheese Cake Chocolate Chip Muffins – These muffins are also know as the muffins with the longest name ever! Seriously though, these are divine. Now is the perfect time to pick up brown sugar and powdered sugar since both are part of the case lot sale and holiday baking is around the corner.
Do you have a recipe with ingredients you like to stock up on during case lot sales?