The following content may be sponsored or include affiliate links. View full disclosure.
My mother-in-law is a great cook. Several of our favorite family recipes have come from her. I have no idea where this Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole recipe came from, all I know is that she has been making it as long as I have been part of the family!
I LOVE that I can make it ahead of time, refrigerate it and then just pull it out and cook it 45-60 minutes before breakfast. Perfect for company, holidays or just busy school mornings.
This is the perfect week to try it out because Smith's is having their case lot sale and the casserole ingredients are a great price. You can get 5 dozen medium Oakdale eggs for just $3.99! Also, 5 lbs of shredded Tillamook cheese is only 12.99, that's just $2.60 a pound and Kroger evaporated milk is just $1.00 each when you buy a case of 24.
- 32 ounces shredded hash browns
- 18 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups diced ham
- Spread hash browns in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- Add sour cream, canned milk, salt and pepper, stir well.
- Pour egg mixture over the layer of hash browns.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Remove from fridge and bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees or until the center is set and doesn't jiggle when shaken.
- I don't usually thaw the hash browns first, but you may have to cook the casserole for an extra 5 minutes due to the increased moisture.
- If you aren't making it ahead of time, you can skip the refrigeration step and cook it immediately.
- If the top of the casserole gets too brown before the center is set, cover with foil until the middle is cooked thoroughly.