The following content may be sponsored or include affiliate links. View full disclosure.
Pistachio Pudding Dessert is an inexpensive and easy dessert for St. Patrick's Day or anytime. This is one of my hubby's favorite desserts. His mother made it when he was growing up and now our kids love it too! I love it because many of the ingredients are things I keep on hand and because it is super simple.
There are just 8 ingredients in this 4 layer dessert and most of them you probably have in your pantry or refrigerator. Smith's has Kroger Whipped Topping on sale this week for $1.00 each. The Kroger Cream Cheese is $1.50 and Kroger Instant Pudding is .59 each.
You can see the 4 layers above.
- First, the crust. Put 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts in a bowl and mix it together with a fork. With your hands, press it into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 min at 350 degrees and let it cool.
- For the next layer just beat 8 oz room cream cheese (room temp) with 1 cup of powdered sugar until smooth. Then fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Spread onto the cooled crust. Refrigerate while you make the next layer.
- To make the pudding whisk together 2 small boxes of Pistachio Pudding with 3 cups of milk. Pour over the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until set.
- Last, spread the remainder of the whipped topping (1 whole carton and what ever is left from the carton used in step 2) over the pudding and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!
If you think you don't like pistachio flavor, try this dessert. The tang from the cream cheese, the nuttiness from the crust and pudding, the sweetness from the whipped topping... it is really perfect!
I love the beautiful layers in this dessert. It looks so fancy but it is so easy to make and it is PERFECT for St. Patrick's Day or Easter! Enjoy!